Call a Btracking Specialist at 1-866-233-0953
Geofences & POI
Geofences and Points of Interest (POI) are very powerful features of GPS tracking. Geofences let you to know when a vehicle or person enters and leaves an area, and the length of stay.
A route geofence is easily created from any previous driven route , and lets you know when a driver deviates off-route.
The POI (Point of Interest) feature is similar to a geofence. Set a specified buffer zone around a POI, and you will be notified when a vehicle/asset/phone enters or exits the POI zone.
Polygonal and Circular Geofences
- To be notified or track whenever a unit enters or leaves an area you define, use the Geofence feature
- Draw a polygon geofence around areas such as parking lots, buildings and airports
- A geofence needs to be defined only once
- Circular geofences are often used for larger areas such as a town or city
- A Route Geofence is a powerful tool to ensure your drivers stay on route
- Create a route geofence by tracing a path on a map, or by simply selecting a route already driven from route history
- If the unit strays from the route beyond the buffer zone you set (say, fro example, 1 mile) and within the time frame you designate (for example within working hours), an alert is generated
Easily Create Route Geofences from Previously Driven Routes
- Save time and AUTOMATICALLY create route geofences from any previous route driven
- Choose any route taken by any vehicle or individual from route history, and in one click turn it into a route geofence
- Set a buffer, name it and save
- Assign the route geofence to any vehicles/drivers/individuals with cell phones
- Set an alert to be notified if the vehicle/individual strays off route beyond the buffer
Display Route Geofences
- Click on the geofence icon on the tracking platform to see route geofences
Copyright 2016 Nexcelerate, LLC. All rights reserved. Btracking.com a Nexcelerate Company 83 Wooster Heights Rd Suite 125, Danbury CT 06810 USA